In order to satisfy requirements involving the use of the word "Foundation" in our business name, the board of directors have voted to amend the articles of incorporation for The Perl Foundation with an updated set of purposes for the organization.
The new purposes for which the corporation is organized are:
* cultivating a collaborative open source community and an ecosystem of computer language implementations collectively known as "Perl" and complementary tools, libraries, extensions, and applications around Perl;
* offering Perl to members of the general public through the use of open source licensing;"
* educating members of the general public in the application of Perl;
* advancing Perl through scientific research and development;
* protecting the intellectual property of Perl;; and
* receiving and administering funds to aid, support, and assist by gifts, grants, contributions, or otherwise, other persons or organizations of any kind, provided that such activities are consistent with the foregoing purposes.