We also fixed code issues (related to
ES.pm, the main module, and made a few doc changes.
Here is a brief summary of the final project status for v5.14.2 (June 4):> >
And the current status of our v5.16.0 track:> >
Our new team members, Jennifer Maldonado and Manuel Gómez, started working remotely through a remote server setup deployed in April. New collaborators can start working right away with very little training, since they don't have to install and configure the translation tool (although they can do it if they prefer a local setup; the project wiki contains guidelines for both scenarios.)> >
We have implemented several changes in the post-processing script:> >
For our second month, we plan to do more work on tools and keep translating/reviewing pods while we wait for v5.16.1, which will require another update.> >
Our immediate TO DO list includes reporting the issues found in
POD2::Base and several pod processing issues that should be fixed for localized versions.
For instance, the CPAN page for
POD2::ES does not show the description of the translated modules because the POD processor does not find section NAME (it's NOMBRE in Spanish).
The French team fixed this by using NAME/NOM, but we think that a cleaner solution would be better.> >
Another issue we found is related to the processing of POD links like
L, which produces English text: "Supported Platforms" in
perlport (for Spanish, "in" should be "en".)
It seems that the *roff-related issues that prevented displaying correctly the extended characters in UTF-8 encoded files using perldoc in Xterminals have been fixed in v5.16.0, so we may switch back to UTF-8.> >
We are also testing the latest version of the translation tool, OmegaT v2.6, which includes a new feature that allows team work using a single memory.