I am pleased to announce the launch of the Raku Development Fund.
[Perl 6 Development Fund](https://www.perlfoundation.org/perl-6-development-fund.html) was launched in 2015 to support the development of the Perl 6 programming language. Since then, we have awarded more than USD 100,000.
With the rename of the language, we will close the Perl 6 Development Fund and launch the [Raku Development Fund](https://www.perlfoundation.org/raku-development-fund.html).
For these who would like to apply for grants, please take a look at the fund description.
Further information, in the FAQ format:
* Q1: What about the Perl 5 Core Maintenance Fund?
* A1: With an upcoming arrival of Perl 7, we are working on similar work to relaunch the Perl 5 Core Maintenance Fund.
* Q2: Why not rename the funds instead of closing/launching them?
* A2: It's for legal reasons. We generally cannot change the purpose of the fund after it has received donations.
* Q3: What happens to the remaining in the Perl 6 Development Fund?
* A3: All the remaining money in the fund was already allocated to Jonathan Worthington. The Perl 6 Development Fund will be closed when Jonathan uses all the funds assigned to him.
* Q4: I'd like to donate money to the Raku development.
* A4: Thanks! You can donate to it at our [donation page](https://www.perlfoundation.org/make-a-donation.html). Please specify it's for Raku development (or other purposes as you wish).
* Q5: Any changes between the Perl 6 Development Fund and Raku Development Fund?
* A5: The following changes were made:
* Documented the consultation process to the Raku Steering Council.
* Clarified the license requirement of Artistic License 2.0.
* Removed the weekly reporting requirement to the email list.
* Clearly stated the monthly requirement at the Perl Foundation website.
* Clarified the grant termination process.
* Q6: Any other upcoming changes?
* A6: We are discussing the possibility of reducing the President's involvement in the approval process in these funds. I (Makoto) plan to conclude this before relaunching the current Perl 5 Core Maintenance Fund, then backport the new procedure to the Raku Development Fund.
As always, thanks to our [donors](https://www.perlfoundation.org/our-donors.html), both large and small, who support these funds.