Patrick Böker writes about the progress of his Raku CI Bot grant:
- Building on Khalids work, I improved the GitHub API auto-generation.
- Implemented and tested the logic to efficiently retrieve, package and store
sets of Rakudo, NQP, MoarVM checkouts.
- I implemented and tested a nifty little helper to aid with asynchronous task
processing. It's a trait that tacks onto a method and changes it so:
- It runs asynchronously.
- It never runs multiple times in parallel.
- If a call to the method happens while it still runs, a second run is
queued right after the running one finishes.
- Queued runs don't stack. Irrespective for how many calls to the method
happen, only one run is queued after the current run.
This is the fundamental tool to help with processing tasks robustly and in
- Worked on the database layout and fought with Red.