Parrot 0.4.13 "Clifton" released
- Updated Lisp, Lua, PHP ("Plumhead"), Python ("Pynie"), ABC,
WMLScript, and Tcl ("ParTcl").
- Perl 6 passes all of the sanity tests.
- PGE supports latest Perl 6 grammar syntax. Perl 6, Python
("Pynie"), and ABC parsers updated to match.
- Updated PHP ("Plumhead") to Antlr 3.0.
- Lua added the beginnings of a PGE/TGE based compiler (not yet
replacing the Perl/Yapp compiler).
- Lisp updated for current features, added a test suite.
- Core Implementation:
- Filled in features and backward compatibility for PDD 15 objects.
New object metamodel passes 85% of old test suite.
- GCC API symbols are visible externally only when explicitly exported.
- Added generated GCC compiler attributes to increase warnings, and
cleaned up resulting warnings.
- Code cleanup efforts and fixed memory leaks by the cage cleaners,
resulting in notable speed increases.
- Updated Parrot distribution to Artistic License 2.0, from dual
Artistic 1/GPL license.
- SDL examples brought up-to-date with current features.
For those who would like to develop on Parrot, or help develop
Parrot itself, we recommend using Subversion or SVK on the
source code repository to get the latest and best Parrot code.
The next scheduled release is July 17, 2007.
Thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our
sponsors for supporting this project.