Lightning talks in Omaha
Mon, 04-Dec-2006 by
Robert Fulkerson sends notice of a set of a Perl lightning talks in Omaha, NE, on December 5th at 6pm.
"Everyone's invited to come visit the UNO CSCI 2850 (Perl) class's semester-ending lightning talks. This semester's talks are in room 256 at the Peter Kiewit Institute at 67th & Pacific. They'll start at 6 PM and last until 7:30. Unfortunately, we don't have any funding so there won't be any drinks or food, but you can certainly pick up an expensive pop ($1.25) in one of the machines on the first floor if you'd like. :)"
* Jabber Haiku Validator (using Net::XMPP and Lingua::EN::Syllable)
* MP3 Playlist Generator
* Perl vs. PHP
* CDDB, POE::Component::Enc::Flac, Audio::TagLib::FLAC::File, Linux::CDROM::read_audio
* Printer log file processing
* College Football BCS Scraper/Analyzer
* MP3 player written in Flash/Actionscript
* nfl.com scraper / fantasy football calculator
* Perl and XML
* Perl on a mobile device
* Scraping purevolume.com
* Perl Documentation
* Perl CGI vs. PHP
* Perl and You
I wish I could make it, but maybe next semester! Contact Robert via his gmail.com address, "robert.fulkerson".