We are in need of a volunteer to take over the Grants Committee Chair responsibilities ASAP.
What does the Grants Committee Chair do?
# Grants Committee Chair Job Duties
* Open a grants call every two months (January, March, May, July, September, November) to invite community members to apply for funding.
* Facilitate discussion of grants between the public,The Perl Foundation/Raku Foundation, and Grants Committee members.
* Tally and report voting outcome at the end of each grant call.
* Work with the foundation to ensure funding is available for approved grants.
* Make sure each approved grant has a grant manager assigned, else serve as grant manager.
* Serve as a liaison between the foundation and grantees
* Assist grant managers in removing roadblocks for grant managers and recipients
* Help grant managers keep grantees on time and on task.
* Other duties and reporting as needed by the foundation.
### Okay, but what are the benefits?
Nonprofits depend on volunteers. Not only will you be helping the foundation, you will also be helping the developers that apply for aid. Our grants fund a variety of projects that benefit the open-source community.
**Networking with Other Programmers **
The service you perform while volunteering with the foundation allows you to meet new people that you may not have met otherwise. This community gives you a place to bond with peers over the important work you are doing. This can lead to new friendships and even job opportunities since you are constantly meeting, interacting, and networking with new people.
**Learn New Things**
Volunteerism also gives you the chance to learn new things. Most likely, you’ll be working in a new capacity that is unfamiliar to you. This will allow you to gain new skills and gather new ideas.
### Contact Us
If you're interested in this role, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org](email@example.com).