2008Q2 Call for Grants Proposals
My advice to grant applicants:
- Choose a quantitative goal. For example, I was funded to write 20 Perl::Critic policies.
- Choose an achievable goal. It's better to finish a modest task than to fail at a monumental task.
- Choose a community-oriented goal. Think of something that helps all of us.
If you get funded:
- Pace yourself. Make steady progress toward you goal so you don't get burned out or in temporal debt.
- Don't expect others to help. They know you are getting paid. It's only fair.
- Blog your progress, but focus on getting the work done. Don't blog it until you've done it.
I just saw this, and would have submitted a proposal (for "multilingualising" a Perl website, for example this one) but have missed the cutoff date by a couple of days.
Are the grants given by TPF every month or do I have to wait until next year?
By the way, I can be reached at nomad (at) null (dot) net if there is the possibility of a late entry...