This beta site lets you, the community, test and evaluate the platform. If you are a regular user of blogs.perl.org, here's a great opportunity to help us make the release candidate the best version possible.
As outlined in the original grant proposal, the site provides the following:
- features from the exisiting site: register new account, log-in, write & manage blog posts, create & manage blogs, manage user profile, add comments, add & manage users
- data imported from the existing site
- blog text, code snippets, quoting and comments display in clean UTF-8
- admin and test users can log in to their account through direct access
- beta users can sign up through Oauth (Facebook login)
- existing users can view posts, log in with their existing ID, create and comment on posts
This beta system can undergo small updates, due to bug fixing activities performed by the team, and data may be reset from time to time.
Please join the beta at http://blogsperlorg.pearlbee.org. Once you’ve logged in or signed up, feel free to explore the platform and test all the features. We strongly encourage all beta users to report any bugs, issues, errors or suggestions. If you are nervous about reporting bugs through the formal bug reporting system, you can simply email details to the support mailing list [email protected].
Enjoy testing the platform and thank you in advance for your feedback.