The Grants Committee has received five grant proposals for the September round. Before the Committee members vote, we would like to solicit feedback from the Perl community on the proposals.
Review the proposals below and please comment there. The Committee members will start the voting process on September 26th and the conclusion will be announced by September 30th.
- Nile - Visual Web App Framework Separating Code From Design Multi Lingual And Multi Theme, Ahmed Amin Elsheshtawy, USD 10,000
- IO::All Redux, Ingy dÃ¶t Net and David Oswald, USD 3,000
- Inline::C(PP) Module Support, Ingy dÃ¶t Net and David Oswald, USD 2,000
- Pegex Grammar for YAML, Ingy dÃ¶t Net and David Oswald, USD 3,500
- Swim Pod, Ingy dÃ¶t Net and David Oswald, USD 3,000
For the proposals from Ingy and David, we also got the following statement from them:
Ingy dÃ¶t Net and David Oswald have a number of ambitious Perl related projects that we would like to collaborate on. We think that having a pair of programmers fulfilling grants will lead to a better experience for all.
We have thought up about a dozen potential ideas, and we think 4 of them are ready to propose now. The others will come to fruition over time.
Our ideal situation would be to continually propose 3-5 grants every 2 months, but only have 1 of them granted at a time. This is of course, up to you and based on your perception of the merit of our proposals, but hopefully we can get better and better at providing projects that really move Perl forward.