Enrique Nell and Joaquin Ferrero reported:
CPAN distribution: http://search.cpan.org/~enell/POD2-ES-5.16.0.07/
Project host: https://github.com/zipf/perldoc-es
During the second month we did a thorough proofreading of files included in
POD2::ES, which led to fixing several errors (mostly related to formatting). We also kept updating translated files to 5.16.0, and reviewed a few files that were included in the latest
While translating perlobj.pod, a bug in sample code was detected and reported through perlbug. The report was accepted and hopefully it will be fixed in v5.16.1.
New files added during the v5.16.0 track of
Document/word counts for v5.16.0:
- Total documents: 162 (100 in core docs)
- Total words: 841,604 (597,294 in core docs)
Current status for the Spanish v5.16.0 track:
- % translated: 45.44% (46,77% of core docs) [Previous month: 43.51% (44.74%)]
- % reviewed: 8.52% [Previous month: 5.06%]
We have implemented several changes in the post-processing script (the new version will be published in the next few days):
- Removed the command line switch to add names of people involved in the translation and instead added the pod names translated by each team member (except the current reviewers, Joaquín and Enrique, whose names appear in every file) to their corresponding entry in the DATA section.
- Added a --nohtml switch to allow running the post-processing code without creating an html version of the pod files.
- Added a --diff switch to allow creating an word-oriented diff file in html format. The generated report contains the segments that were modified by the reviewer. This will be an important tool to help translators align their styles and terminology.
- Added a podchecker call to check POD formatting.
- Cleaned up the code.
We are still working on several of the TO DO list tasks mentioned in the previous report.
Perl v5.16.1 will be released in a few days, so for the third month our top priority will be updating
POD2::ESto the latest version, and adding more reviewed files to the distribution.
We have identified another file, perlmodlib.pod, that is generated during Perl setup. Since it contains interesting material, we will add it to our file list.