Leon Timmermans sent an update report on his work, that I transcribe bellow.
I've been working on porting it to Windows. After a number of bugfixes it compiled, but ExtUtils::CBuilder has linking issues with C++ on Windows that I don't quite grok yet. I've also added a dist target to my Build so now I can actually easily publish it to CPAN; I was planning to do that as soon as my windows issues are fixed. I've been refactoring the build library to the point where I actually like it (finally) and think it's reusable. I also added some unit tests and fixed some bug reports. Now I'm preparing a lightning talk that I'll be giving at YAPC::EU.