Fixing Perl5 Core Bugs: Report for Month 2

Dave Mitchell writes:

As per my grant conditions, here is a report for the April period.

I continued working my way through the list of tie bugs, then towards the
end of the month, got sucked into spending quite a bit of time on a regexp
bug. I also spent a bit of time revisiting some earlier fixes of mine
where issues showed up once we got 5.12 released and started smoking stuff
again.

Over the first 8 weeks I have now averaged about 18 hours per week,
slightly less than the nominal 20.

Report for period 2010/04/01 to 2010/04/30 inclusive

Summary

Effort (HH::MM):

9:55 diagnosing bugs
37:55 fixing bugs
0:00 reviewing other people's bug fixes
0:00 reviewing ticket histories
4:25 review the ticket queue (triage)
-----
52:15 total

Numbers of tickets closed:

3 tickets closed that have been worked on
0 tickets closed related to bugs that have been fixed
7 tickets closed that were reviewed but not worked on (triage)
-----
10 total

Short Detail

6:10 [perl #5475] Bug in taint+regex+hash/arrays
0:25 [perl #7938] local @tied_array broken
7:25 [perl #8857] STORE incorrectly invoked for local($_) on aliased tied array element
13:10 [perl #23810] Tied methods break when combined with eval() of failing compile-time code
0:20 [perl #67260] Using $> and $< incorrectly enables taint at runtime
20:20 [perl #74484] Regex causing exponential runtime+mem usage
4:25 [TRIAGE]

About TPF

The Perl Foundation - supporting the Perl community since 2000. Find out more at www.perlfoundation.org.

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Karen published on May 7, 2010 2:53 AM.

Grant Updates: The Mojo Documentation Project was the previous entry in this blog.

New Grant Rules is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

OpenID accepted here Learn more about OpenID
Powered by Movable Type 4.38