Perl Foundation News is the place to read updates on what members of the Foundation's working groups are working on and for other project-related announcements. Where before a working group member might post an update to his use.perl journal, or a meditation on perlmonks.org, from today those updates and more will be appearing on the Perl Foundation Blog.
The Perl Foundation's work includes:
- sponsoring the YAPC conferences and supporting their organizers
- managing grants for Perl-related projects
- working with outside groups, as on Google's Summer Of Code project
- putting a public face on the work of the Perl community
- providing technical infrastructure for web hosting and Subversion repositories
- supporting and coordinating volunteer efforts
Comments are enabled, allowing you to give feedback directly to our working group members. Talk directly to us and tell us what we're doing right or wrong. Ask us questions and we'll do our best to answer. We love comments and want to hear your views.
We're well aware of the problems of the past. We know that communications have been weak. We're working hard for the trust of the Perl community, and creating the Perl Foundation Blog is a crucial step as we work to earn that trust.
Whether you want to participate in helping make the Perl community even better, or interested in what's going on, we hope that blog.perlfoundation.org helps.