Running Grants (2009-V)

Grants updates:

  • Port PyYAML to Perl -- Ingy döt Net
    Ingy update: YAML::Perl is really coming together. Over 95% of the code is ported. I only port code once I have a failing test written to exercise that code. Just need to figure out how to tickle the other 5%.
    I plan on putting a big push in this weekend to get a release candidate version of YAML::Perl onto CPAN.
    The code rally is working quite well, and can parse tons of stuff the old YAML.pm could not. But still needs a bit more work before I can call it done.
    Then I plan to start writing lots of user doc, so that people know how to use the great new features.
  • Fixing Bugs in the Archive::Zip Perl Module -- Alan Haggai Alavi
    No updates.
  • Extending BSDPAN -- Colin Smith
    No updates.
  • Test::Builder 2 -- Michael G Schwern
    No updates.
  • Perl cross-compilation for linux and wince -- Vadim Konovalov
    No updates.
  • Tcl/Tk access for Rakudo -- Vadim Konovalov
    No updates.
  • Perl Survey -- Kieren Diment
    No updates.
  • Mojo Documentation Project -- Sebastian Riedel
    On hiatus until March 14th
  • Embedding perl into C++ applications -- Leon Timmermans
    Leon update: Done some work on importing pp_match from perl into my code and on the type conversion code. Spent most of my time on my presentation for this Friday though. I'll be putting it online soon.
  • Moose docs -- Dave Rolsky
    Dave update: I'm working writing the new recipes I discussed in the
    grant application. So far I've released Roles recipe 3 (applying a role
    to an object), Basics recipe 11 (BUILDARGS and BUILD). I've also checked
    in Meta recipe 7 (creating a custom meta-instance). I still need to
    write Meta recipe 6 and Basics recipe 8. However, for the latter, I need
    a new topic, since the feature it was supposed to cover is now covered
    in an existing recipe.
  • Integrating Padre with Parrot and Rakudo -- Gabor Szabo
    No updates.
  • Improving learn.perl.org -- Eric and Tina
    Starting the grant.
  • A lightweight web framework for Perl 6 -- Ilya, Carl and Stephen
    Starting the grant.

About TPF

The Perl Foundation - supporting the Perl community since 2000. Find out more at www.perlfoundation.org.

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Alberto Simões published on March 7, 2009 10:52 AM.

Conference Season was the previous entry in this blog.

Padre and Parrot integration grant cancelled is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

OpenID accepted here Learn more about OpenID
Powered by Movable Type 4.38