It took a long time, but for this round we had a big number of excellent proposals. Unfortunately TPF is unable to fund all the proposed grants as they exceed the funds available for Grants. Thus, TPF GC ranked proposals accordingly with its relevance to the community, and the first few were funded.
These are the funded proposals:
- Perl on a Stick, by Adam Kennedy
- Test::Builder 2, by Michael Schwern
- Make localtime() and gmtime() Work Past 2038, by Michael Schwern
- Fixing Bugs in the Archive::Zip Perl Module, by Alan Haggai Alavi
- SMOP - Simple Meta Object Programming, by Daniel Ruoso
As a side note, the last proposal was funded using Perl 6 funds, from Ian Hague donation, and thus, outside the GC budget.
Follow the proposals that, although accepted, will not be funded:
- Perl Survey, by Kieren Diment
- Module Installation Configuration Wizard, by Michael Schwern
- Improve POE::Component::IRC, by Hinrik Ã–rn SigurÃ°sson
- CPAN Stability Project, by Michael Schwern
- Extending BSDPAN, by Colin Smith
- Automatic INSTALL generation, by Michael Schwern
Unfortunately, there was a few proposals that did not convince the committee, and were rejected. Without any particular order: