Parrot 0.4.13 can be obtained via CPAN (soon), or follow the download instructions at http://parrotcode.org/source.html.
Parrot 0.4.13 News:
- Updated Lisp, Lua, PHP ("Plumhead"), Python ("Pynie"), ABC, WMLScript, and Tcl ("ParTcl").
- Perl 6 passes all of the sanity tests.
- PGE supports latest Perl 6 grammar syntax. Perl 6, Python ("Pynie"), and ABC parsers updated to match.
- Updated PHP ("Plumhead") to Antlr 3.0.
- Lua added the beginnings of a PGE/TGE based compiler (not yet replacing the Perl/Yapp compiler).
- Lisp updated for current features, added a test suite.
- Core Implementation:
- Filled in features and backward compatibility for PDD 15 objects. New object metamodel passes 85% of old test suite.
- GCC API symbols are visible externally only when explicitly exported.
- Added generated GCC compiler attributes to increase warnings, and cleaned up resulting warnings.
- Code cleanup efforts and fixed memory leaks by the cage cleaners, resulting in notable speed increases.
- Updated Parrot distribution to Artistic License 2.0, from dual Artistic 1/GPL license.
- SDL examples brought up-to-date with current features.
Thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our sponsors for supporting this project.